1 Personal data processed by Magnius
Magnius processes personal data from merchants and its representatives as well as from people who use the services of Magnius. In order to display the processed personal data as clearly as possible, below a distinction will be made between the website, merchants and consumers.
When you browse our website, we process the following personal data:
- IP address;
- Google Analytics (anonymous);
- Internet browser and device type;
- Location data;
- Use of our website.
When you sign up to become a merchant, we process the following personal data:
- Your first and last name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your birthplace;
- Your nationality;
- Your address details;
- Your phone number;
- Your email address;
- A copy of the document with which you verified your identity;
- The number, date and place of issue of the document with which your identity has been verified;
- Your IP address;
- Your internet browser and device type;
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone.
When you as a consumer (payer) use the services of Magnius, we process the following personal data:
- Your payment details (eg bank account number or credit card number);
- Your IP address;
- Your internet browser and device type;
- In some cases, your first and last name;
- In some cases, your address details;
- In some cases, information about the product or service that you have purchased from our customer;
- Other personal details which you actively provide to Magnius, for example in correspondence and by telephone.
2 Does Magnius process special and/or sensitive personal data?
Magnius does not process special and/or sensitive personal data of our merchants or consumers. However, Magnius tests with warning systems such as the national hotline for internet scams or websites, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses that have been registered negatively. We always record a positive or negative report in our system. This does not concern criminal data.
We request that our merchants and consumers do not share special personal data with Magnius. If you decide to share it with Magnius, we will only process this data if this is necessary for our services.
3 Why are your personal data processed?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- KYC: If you want to become a merchant at Magnius, we need personal data from the legal representative, ultimately beneficial owners, partners, owners etc. We use this information to investigate whether you can become a merchant of Magnius. For this we can also use data that we get from third parties. The collection of these data also has a legal basis in accordance with the Financial Supervision Act (FSA) and the Act on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (AML&FT).
- Contract: Once you have become a merchant of Magnius, we use your data for crime prevention and proof. We also pass on your name and IBAN to third parties, for example to make payment transactions possible.
- Legal obligations: Based on legislation and regulations, we are obliged to collect personal data from our merchants, its representatives and ultimately beneficial owners as well as from consumers who pay via Magnius. For example, under the AML&FT, Magnius is obliged to investigate if an unusual transaction takes place on the Magnius platform. It can also happen that Magnius is asked to provide information about you to a government agency. These are for example: The Dutch National Bank, the police and the Tax Authorities.
- Transactions: Magnius processes personal data from consumers to process transactions, e.g. when a consumer orders a product in an online store that uses the Magnius payment platform.
- Analyzes: Magnius processes personal data for analyzes for statistical and scientific purposes.
- Training: Magnius processes personal data for training and assessing of Magnius employees.
- Contact: Magnius processes personal data to contact you, for example when you use an online form to receive more information, request a quotation, etc. The personal data are processed in order to be able to handle these actions related to the performance and processing of our services.
If Magnius wishes to process your personal data for other, for example commercial, purposes than described above, Magnius will only do this after your explicit consent has been requested and obtained. You can then withdraw this consent at any time without giving any reason.
4 How long does Magnius store your personal data?
We will always only keep your data for as long as we reasonably need it for the purposes listed above.
If you become one of our merchants, we will keep all data relating to our business relationship until 7 years after the end of your contract with us or until our rejection your application. Data we have collected in relation to our legal obligation to verify our merchants will be kept by us for as long as we are legally obligated to, which is generally at least 7 years after end of relationship.
Data about any questions, comments or (supports) requests you have made us if you are not a merchant, will be kept for 2 years.
The retention terms above can be longer if we are required to keep data longer on the basis of applicable law or to administer our business. If we need to keep any information longer for our legitimate interest of protecting our legal rights, we will keep the necessary information for this purpose until the relevant claim(s) has/have been settled.
5 Does Magnius share your personal data with third parties?
Magnius shares your personal data with third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement or on the basis of legal obligations. With third parties that process your personal data on behalf of Magnius, Magnius concludes a data processing agreement. Magnius ensures that your personal data is always protected on at least the same level and that the confidentiality of your personal data is guaranteed. Nevertheless, Magnius remains fully responsible for these processing operations and will therefore take all reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, accidental loss or alteration.
It may be that your personal data are also shared with third parties that are not necessarily part of the services of Magnius. In that case, Magnius will only do so after your explicit consent has been requested and obtained.
We collect data for research in order to gain a better insight into the ease of use of our website and our merchants, so that we can tailor our website and services accordingly.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies to help the website analyze how users use the site. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your equipment such as a computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit the website(s) of Magnius.
Functional cookies: cookies with a purely technical functionality. These cookies ensure that the website works properly and can, for example, remember your preferred settings so that Magnius is able to optimize the website(s).
Analytical cookies from Google: We have set our Google Analytics to protect your privacy to the maximum extent. For example, we have concluded a data processing agreement with Google to protect your data. We have also made sure that the octet of your IP address is invisible and allows you to share data with Google. We are also not using any other Google Analytics related cookie services that are offered by Google.
The cookies contain anonymous information and remain in the browser for a maximum of 2 years.
7 Your rights
You have the right to view, correct, limit or delete the personal data that Magnius processes from you, unless Magnius can not grant these rights on the basis of a legal obligation. You can send your request for access, correction, limitation or deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, Magnius would like to know in advance that this request originates from you. Magnius asks you to send a copy of your proof of identity with the request. Please make sure that in this copy your passport photo, machine readable zone, passport number and citizen service number has been made black. This way you protect your privacy. Magnius will then respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within fourteen working days.
8 Security of your personal data
Magnius acts as a “processor” in accordance with the new European data protection legislation. Magnius is committed securing your personal data and has taken steps in this regard. In order to prevent unauthorized people or parties from being able to access your data, we have put in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the information we process from you.
9 Responsibilities of Magnius
Magnius takes the position that Magnius is responsible for the data of our Merchants as referred to in the GDPR. Magnius takes this position because:
- Magnius imposes on our merchants which personal data they have to provide;
- Magnius must comply with its statutory obligation (including FSA and AML&FT);
Magnius is both responsible and processor for the processing of transactions and thus for the consumer. Magnius takes the position because:
- Magnius determines which personal data we process for the execution of a payment;
- Magnius processing orders processed in favor of our merchants. Magnius processes personal data and we may do so to carry out this assignment. Processing payments is a main activity of Magnius.
As a processor:
- Magnius asks for additional personal data and we process these in order to make a payment possible, for example by using afterpay methods. These data (such as name and address information and product information) are sent by the merchant to Magnius. To be able to offer this payment solution, obtaining this information is necessary.
- Magnius requests additional personal details such as name and address data and product information to make transaction monitoring more feasible as well as monitoring fraud.
For the cases in which Magnius is a processor, we have drawn up a data processing agreement for our merchants.
10 Data Protection Officer
Magnius has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Among other things, the DPO is responsible for supervising the processing of personal data by Magnius, taking stock of data processing and advising on technology and security.
Questions, comments, requests or complaints concerning this privacy notice and the way we process your personal data are welcomed and can be addressed to our DPO at email@example.com or Bargelaan 26, 2333 CT Leiden, the Netherlands.